Bicarbonate of soda (also known as baking soda) is firstly versatile, secondly, natural substance and in addition to those, it has a wide range of benefits and uses. Being an inexpensive and non-toxic alternative to many commercial cleaning in addition to many personal care products. Buying it in raw form like this allows you to make as much or as little as you need therefore, reducing waste and in conclusion making it a safe and sustainable choice.
100% Bicarbonate of Soda
What size does it come in?
You can buy it in 1kg bags here in our online shop
How do I use the Bicarb?
Baking Soda has many uses spanning skincare, haircare, general wellbeing and even household cleaning. For hair it can be mixed into a simple shampoo used once or twice a month to help remove build up of product, minerals, and oils from hair. Using it for the skin, it does wonders at gently exfoliating and removing dead skin cells. Therefore, helping to brighten and smooth out the skin.
Here is an idea for a simple skincare recipe that you can make using bicarbonate of soda:
Bicarb facial scrub:
- 1 tablespoon of bicarb
- 1 tablespoon of Floral Water
- In a small bowl, mix the bicarb and water until it forms a paste.
- Gently massage the paste onto your face in circular motions, avoiding the eye area.
- Rinse your face with warm water and pat dry.
Use this scrub once or twice a week to gently exfoliate and brighten the skin, and to remove dirt, dead skin cells and oil. It will leave the skin feeling smooth and refreshed.
NOTE: It can be harsh on some skin types, it is recommended to do a patch test first and use it in moderation. Also, be sure to use a moisturizer after using this scrub as it can leave the skin a little dry.
Benefits for skin
- It’ lovely as a gentle exfoliant for the skin
- you can mix it up with some essential oils and use as a natural deodorant.
Benefits for hair
- makes up a great clarifying shampoo for removing product build up.
- Known to be used to soothe heartburn and indigestion.
- Aids in oral hygiene when used as a toothpaste.
Uses in the home
- Commonly used as part of a natural cleaning agent for a variety of surfaces, including kitchen counters, sinks, and appliances.
- Great for removing stains, brighten laundry and clean clothes.
- A natural choice to use to neutralize odours in the fridge, trash cans, carpets
Why not pair this up with one of our Floral Waters and make your own facial scrub