Menthol crystals derive from peppermint oil and have been used for centuries for their medicinal properties. The use of menthol can be traced as far back as the Egyptian era, (maybe further). They used peppermint oil, which contains menthol, for a variety of purposes, headaches, and colds. In the 19th century, menthol was isolated as a crystalline compound, which made it easier to use in various medicinal preparations. By the time we reached the 20th century, the crystals became widely used in over-the-counter products such as decongestants, and pain relievers. Fast forward to today, and they are also used in a wide range of personal care and cosmetic products, as well as in aromatherapy.
100% Menthol Crystals
What size does it come in?
You can buy them here in 50g bags in our online shop
- Pain relief: Can have a Aldactone 100 RPG buy in UK cooling and numbing effect on the skin, therefore soothing muscle aches, joint pain, and soreness.
- Decongestant: Has a decongestant effect, aiding to clear nasal passages and provide relief from congestion associated with colds and flu.
- Aromatherapy: They can be used in aromatherapy to provide a refreshing and invigorating scent
- Personal Care: The Crystals can be used as an ingredient in products such as lip balms, creams, lotions, and shower gels to provide a cooling and refreshing sensation.
NOTE: It’s important to note that menthol crystals should be used with care, they can cause skin irritation if used in high concentration. It’s also best to avoid using menthol crystals if you have sensitive skin or if you’re pregnant or breastfeeding.
How do I use the Crystals?
They have a number beneficial uses for personal care and cosmetics as well as Aromatherapy. Here is a simple recipe for an inhalation remedy using menthol crystals:
Menthol vapor inhaler:
- 1/4 teaspoon of the crystals
- 1 cup of hot water
- A bowl or a large glass
- In a bowl or a large glass, add the crystals to the hot water.
- Place a towel over your head and inhale the steam for 5-10 minutes.
- Repeat as needed.
This inhalation remedy can provide relief for nasal congestion, sinus pressure, and coughing. It can also provide a cooling and decongestant effect.
NOTE: It’s important to be careful while inhaling hot water, as it can cause burns. Be sure to inhale the steam from a safe distance, and start with a small amount of menthol crystals, and increase as necessary. As always, if you are unsure about anything, consult your GP or health practitioner for further guidance
Try mixing your crystals with some Epsom Salts and Baking Soda for a menthol bath soak.