Black Himalayan Salt, also known as ‘The Salt of Salts’ is pure, unrefined and as a result of this – not contaminated with chemicals. Due to the sulphur compounds it contains, this Salt has a distinct taste and smell – very reminiscent of boiled eggs. It also naturally contains minerals that are essentially good for our health internal and external. It can be used in a variety of ways giving you ample opportunity to incorporate it into your routine enabling you to reap all the benefits.
Where does Black Himalayan Salt originate from?
Black Himalayan Salt (Kala Namak fine) is a product of Pakistan, packaged in the UK by Bandalé
100% Kala Namak
What sizes can I buy it in?
We sell this salt in 200g bags only.
Black Himalayan Salt can be used in a variety of different ways for a whole host of different causes. From spicing up your food to detoxing your skin – it aids in it all. Here are a few ways we love to use it.
- mix it with a carrier oil, a little baking soda and a few drops of your choice of essential oil, mix well and use circular motions to rub into the skin all over, paying close attention to the soles of your feet, elbows and knees. When done, wash off with warm water and gently pat your skin dry. Be careful not to rub over sensitive areas and if you are sensitive to baking soda, this can be omitted.
- Use it in cooking to enhance the flavour of your food.
- To manage dandruff – Mix together the following in a bowl…
rinse your hair with water and get rid of any excess water, leaving the hair damp. Apply the mixture to your scalp and gently massage in circular motions covering all of your scalp. After that, wash off with a mild shampoo and style as usual.
- Black salt is naturally alkaline. It also has a lower concentration of sodium in it making it a great choice of salt to use if suffering from things like bloating, constipation and general digestive issues. However, *Please be sure to use in the correct quantities/moderation to get maximum benefits*
- It is highly anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial therefore making it a great for general cleansing makes it a great addition to your skincare routine. When used in a scrub, it can help with cracked skin especially around the elbows, knees and heels of the feet. It also doubles up as a great body scrub, leaving the skin feeling smooth.
Why not select one try our Sweet Almond Oil to mix with our Black Salt to make your own salt scrub