Rhassoul Clay (or ghassoul) is a natural mineral clay mined from the Atlas Mountains of Morocco. For cosmetic purposes, it is combined with water (and sometimes various herbs or other substances) and has been used by Moroccan women for centuries to care for their skin and hair. Rhassoul contains silica, iron, magnesium, potassium, sodium, lithium and trace elements. The term “rhassoul” comes from the Arabic word “rhassala,” which means to wash.
Where is it from?
Rhassoul Clay is from Morocco and packaged in the UK.
100% Rhassoul Clay
What size does it come in?
You can buy the clay in 100g pouches here in our online shop.
How do I use this clay?
Rhassoul Clay can be used in a variety of ways, including as a face mask, body wrap, shampoo, and soap. It is gentle enough for all skin types and is a great alternative to harsher chemical-based products.
A simple recipe for a single application Rhassoul clay face mask:
- 1 teaspoon of Rhassoul clay
- 1 teaspoon of water or floral water
- 1/2 teaspoon of honey or argan oil (optional)
- In a small bowl, mix the Rhassoul with water or any floral water of choice until it forms a smooth paste.
- If desired, add 1/2 teaspoon of honey to the mixture for added hydration, and antibacterial benefits or argan Oil for added moisturisation.
- Apply the mask to your face, avoiding the eye and mouth area.
- Leave the mask on for about 10-15 minutes, or until it is dry.
- Rinse the mask off with warm water and pat (try not to rub) your face dry with a clean towel.
You can use this mask once a week for best results, and store the remaining clay in an airtight container in a cool and dry place. Remember that clays can dry out the skin, so it’s important to follow up with a moisturizer after using the mask. You can tailor the recipe by adding some essential oils or trying different oils to enhance the benefits of the mask.
Benefits for the skin
- Deep cleansing: It absorbs impurities, dirt, and excess oil from the skin, leaving it feeling clean and refreshed.
- Exfoliation: The clay’s particle size is small enough to gently exfoliate dead skin cells, leaving skin smooth and bright.
- Moisturizing: Rhassoul is rich in minerals that can help to hydrate and nourish the skin.
- Improving skin condition: It can help to improve the appearance and feel of skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, and acne by reducing inflammation and absorbing excess oil.
Benefits for the hair
- As a hair mask, Rhassoul can help to improve hair health by removing impurities, adding volume and shine, and reducing hair loss.
- It can be used as a full body mask or added to bathwater to help detoxify and cleanse the skin and hair.
- Relaxation: Rhassoul clay can be added to a bath to help relax the muscles and ease tension.